Your first visit to Physio Connect
You can expedite your first visit to Physio Connect, providing physiotherapy to residents of Erin Mills and Churchill Meadows, ON, by doing some of the paperwork in advance.
Your initial physiotherapy session is typically a 45-60 minute consultation involving both assessment and treatment.
- A full history of your problem and a medical history is taken and documented.
- A physical examination of the area involved is performed.
Please wear or bring along suitable clothing to assist in this matter as your physiotherapist to properly assess the area. Furthermore it is often necessary to assess areas surrounding the primary source of a complaint. Following your physiotherapy assessment an explanation of your problem will be given.
- Your treatment options and a treatment plan will then be discussed with you and agreed.
- Your treatment will then commence on your initial appointment.
- Should physiotherapy be inappropriate or your physiotherapist feel further investigation is required they will inform you of the best course of action and if necessary arrange onward referral.
Physiotherapy follow up treatment
Follow up treatments are typically 30 minutes long although extended sessions are available if needed. The number of treatments you require will depend on your condition and your physiotherapist will discuss this at your initial appointment. We will always tell you what the optimum or most appropriate course of Physiotherapy is based on current evidence and research.
The clinic specializes in the correction of movement faults and we use a combinations of manual therapy and hands on treatment with structured exercises and practical advice. We also use a range of other treatment modalities including:
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Electrotherapy includes Ultrasound, TENS, Compex
- Manual therapy, Massage and fascial technique